Creepy-Crawly Pasta Salad Recipe
As a change of pace from pasta salads featuring Italian salad dressing or mayonnaise, our Test Kitchen developed a delicious sweet-and-sour dressing. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 ounces uncooked fusilli pasta or other spiral pasta
- 1 medium zucchini, julienned
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup colossal ripe olives, halved
- 3/4 cup pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/2 small onion, cut into wedges
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the zucchini, tomatoes, cauliflower, olives, green pepper and red onion.
- 2. In a blender, combine the ketchup, sugar, vinegar, onion, garlic, paprika and salt; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream; process until thickened. Pour over pasta salad; toss to coat.
- 3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 13 servings.
3/4 cup: 148 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 363mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Creepy-Crawly Pasta Salad
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2013
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC