Who wouldn't want to eat our cute little bugs? Quick and easy prep and undeniable kid appeal make these a must-have for the buffet at a child's party. Be prepared for the recipe requests. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 8 Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage or hot dogs
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup potato sticks
- Ketchup and/or mustard
- Separate dough into strips. Unroll and cut eight strips in half
- widthwise; set remaining strips aside. Cut sausages in half
- widthwise. Wrap one piece of dough around each sausage, leaving the
- rounded end showing. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking
- sheet. Place reserved breadsticks on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Remove bugs
- to a serving plate and cool for 2 minutes.
- Insert potato sticks into baked dough to resemble legs and antennae.
- Decorate with ketchup and/or mustard. Serve warm. Save remaining
- breadsticks for another use.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Editor's Note: Refrigerated crescent rolls may be used in place of the breadsticks. Follow package directions for baking temperature and time.
Nutritional Facts: 2 pieces (calculated without ketchup and mustard) equals 211 calories,