Creepy-Crawly Bugs Recipe
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 8 Johnsonville® Smoked Sausage or hot dogs
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup potato sticks
- Ketchup and/or mustard
- Separate dough into strips. Unroll and cut eight strips in half widthwise; set remaining strips aside. Cut sausages in half widthwise. Wrap one piece of dough around each sausage, leaving the rounded end showing. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Place reserved breadsticks on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Remove bugs to a serving plate and cool for 2 minutes.
- Insert potato sticks into baked dough to resemble legs and antennae. Decorate with ketchup and/or mustard. Serve warm. Save remaining breadsticks for another use. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Creepy-Crawly Bugs(5)
Sort By :
Made this for my daughter's grade 4 Hallowe'en party today, and they all disappeared. She came home with the EMPTY TRAY.
These are really cute and taste good, but you had better give yourself a lot of time. Maybe my time issue was because I used the little sausage links instead of cutting a big sausage into pieces. I thought the smaller pieces were easier to eat.
I love making a 'creature' every Halloween and these were both quite fun to make and guests loved them as well!
Fun and delicious treat for kids and adults.
everyone at the halloween party loved the bugs
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Halloween Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Halloween Appetizers >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >