Who wouldn't want to eat our cute little bugs? Quick and easy prep and undeniable kid appeal make these a must-have for the buffet at a child's party. Be prepared for the recipe requests. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated breadsticks
- 8 smoked sausage links or hot dogs
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup potato sticks
- Ketchup and/or mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°. Separate dough into strips. Unroll and cut eight strips in half widthwise; set remaining strips aside. Cut sausages in half widthwise. Wrap one piece of dough around each sausage, leaving the rounded end showing. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Place reserved breadsticks on baking sheet.
- Bake 15-17 minutes or until golden brown. Remove bugs to a serving plate and cool 2 minutes.
- Insert potato sticks into baked dough to resemble legs and antennae. Decorate with ketchup and/or mustard. Serve warm. Save remaining breadsticks for another use. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Creepy-Crawly Bugs in Taste of Home Halloween Food & Fun Annual 2007, p14
Reviews for Creepy-Crawly Bugs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review