Creative Cake Recipe
If you have patience and strong hands, ready for kneading, I suggest making the fondant yourself. Whether you use store bought or homemade, this artistic cake will get rave reviews. —Katie Molitor, Cedar, Minnesota
- Two-layer cake of your choice (9 inches)
- Frosting of your choice (in a pale color)
- White and dark brown ready-to-use rolled fondant
- New paintbrush
- 1 tablespoon clear vanilla extract or water
- White pearl dragees
- Fresh strawberries
- 1. Place cake on a serving platter; spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake (save 2 teaspoons frosting for decorating cake).
- 2. Roll out white fondant into a 16-in. circle; place over cake. Smooth top and sides of cake; trim excess. (Keep unused fondant wrapped in plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.)
- 3. Roll brown fondant into 16-in. x 4-in. rectangle; cut with a 3x2-in. diamond-shaped cookie cutter. Dip paintbrush in vanilla; lightly brush over a diamond. Secure diamond to side of cake. Repeat. Decorate with dragees, securing with reserved frosting. Top with strawberries. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Creative Cake
Reviewed Jan. 24, 2014
"this looks yummy just how it looks"
Reviewed May. 31, 2010
"Is there a recipe for fondant close by? This cake takes a little work, but it is worth it as it is beautiful and delicious. Yes I would make it again."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC