Create Your Own Egg Salad Recipe
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs (dill, basil, thyme or tarragon)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped or sliced
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice or pasta
- Assorted fresh fruit or fresh vegetables, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the dressing, herbs, salt if desired and pepper. Gently stir in the eggs, rice or pasta, and fruits or vegetables if desired. Cover and chill until serving. Yield: about 3 cups.
Editor's Note: In place of bottled salad dressing, you can use mayonnaise, sour cream or plain yogurt.
1 cup: 317 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 431mg cholesterol, 251mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 14g protein.