Create Your Own Egg Salad Recipe
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs (dill, basil, thyme or tarragon)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped or sliced
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice or pasta
- Assorted fresh fruit or fresh vegetables, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the dressing, herbs, salt if desired and pepper. Gently stir in the eggs, rice or pasta, and fruits or vegetables if desired. Cover and chill until serving. Yield: about 3 cups.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 317 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 431 mg cholesterol, 251 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 14 g protein.
Reviews for Create Your Own Egg Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.