Create Your Own Egg Salad
This recipe is a simple take on a classic. It lets you choose your favorites to add to the sandwich.American Egg Board, Linda Braun, Park Ridge, Illinois
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs (dill, basil, thyme or tarragon)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped or sliced
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice or pasta
- Assorted fresh fruit or fresh vegetables, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the dressing, herbs, salt if desired and
- pepper. Gently stir in the eggs, rice or pasta, and fruits or
- vegetables if desired. Cover and chill until serving. Yield: about 3
Editor's Note: In place of bottled salad dressing, you can use mayonnaise, sour cream or plain yogurt.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 317 calories, 20 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 431 mg cholesterol, 251 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.