This recipe is a simple take on a classic. It lets you choose your favorites to add to the sandwich.—American Egg Board, Linda Braun, Park Ridge, Illinois
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried herbs (dill, basil, thyme or tarragon)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, chopped or sliced
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice or pasta
- Assorted fresh fruit or fresh vegetables, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the dressing, herbs, salt if desired and pepper. Gently stir in the eggs, rice or pasta, and fruits or vegetables if desired. Cover and chill until serving. Yield: about 3 cups.
Originally published as Create Your Own Egg Salad in Country Woman March/April 1997, p40
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Create Your Own Egg Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review