Here's a different treatment for zucchini that's a favorite in our home. Even though the creamy Parmesan sauce is homemade, the recipe's cooking time is short.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 medium zucchini, julienned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini in oil for 3-5 minutes or until
- tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain; remove zucchini
- mixture with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine cream cheese and cream; cook and stir
- over low heat until smooth. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Return zucchini mixture to the pan. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer
- or until heated through. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, nutmeg and
- Swiss cheese. Yield: 6 servings.