Creamy Zucchini Recipe
Here's a different treatment for zucchini that's a favorite in our home. Even though the creamy Parmesan sauce is homemade, the recipe's cooking time is short.
- 4 medium zucchini, julienned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Shredded Swiss cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute zucchini in oil for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain; remove zucchini mixture with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, combine cream cheese and cream; cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- 3. Return zucchini mixture to the pan. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, nutmeg and Swiss cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Zucchini
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC