- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in the milk, water, bouillon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add zucchini. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Zucchini Soup in Country August/September 2007, p47
Reviews for Creamy Zucchini Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2014
"I thought this was bland the first time. The second time I added thyme and we liked it better. Good soup though."
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2010
"If you're a fan of cheddar broccoli soup, you'll like this one!"