Creamy Zucchini Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in the milk, water, bouillon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Add zucchini. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 295 calories, 22 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 840 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Zucchini Soup
"I thought this was bland the first time. The second time I added thyme and we liked it better. Good soup though."
"If you're a fan of cheddar broccoli soup, you'll like this one!"