Creamy Zucchini Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in the milk, water, bouillon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Add zucchini. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 295 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 840mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Zucchini Soup
"Very good taste. Instead of water though I used chicken broth. The amount it makes is just right for 1 or 2 people with just a little left over."
"I thought this was bland the first time. The second time I added thyme and we liked it better. Good soup though."
"If you're a fan of cheddar broccoli soup, you'll like this one!"