In our area, we use lots of zucchini. One day I decided to try a new recipe for it, and my family really liked the results.
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large zucchini, shredded
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in the milk, water, bouillon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Add zucchini. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Zucchini Soup in Country August/September 2007, p47
Reviews for Creamy Zucchini Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 21, 2014
"I thought this was bland the first time. The second time I added thyme and we liked it better. Good soup though."
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2010
"If you're a fan of cheddar broccoli soup, you'll like this one!"