- 4 medium zucchini, julienned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini in oil for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain; remove zucchini mixture with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine cream cheese and cream; cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Return zucchini mixture to the pan. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, nutmeg and Swiss cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Zucchini(8)
Sort By :
A different kind of way to use up zucchini! The cream cheese makes a nice creamy sauce.
We used Asiago cheese instead of Parmesan for a slightly different flavor.
Very easy to make and tasted wonderful!
Delicious and came together really easily.
I loved this side dish and followed the recipe exactly. I served it with the Meat Lover's Pizza Bake in the same issue. Great weeknight meal!
I didn't make as much as the receipe called for, used on large zucchini and kind of winged it with the cream cheese, parm cheese and cut the half-and-half to 1/2 cup. Didn't use nutmeg or salt. Used about 3 slices of swiss cheese. We loved it. I will be making this again.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Side Dishes >
- Simple Vegetarian Recipes >
- Squash Recipes >
- Vegetable Side Dishes >
- Vegetarian Recipes >
- Vegetarian Side Dishes >