- 4 medium zucchini, julienned
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini in oil for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain; remove zucchini mixture with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine cream cheese and cream; cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Return zucchini mixture to the pan. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with the salt, pepper, nutmeg and Swiss cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Zucchini
"A different kind of way to use up zucchini! The cream cheese makes a nice creamy sauce.We used Asiago cheese instead of Parmesan for a slightly different flavor."
"Very easy to make and tasted wonderful!"
"Delicious and came together really easily."
"I loved this side dish and followed the recipe exactly. I served it with the Meat Lover's Pizza Bake in the same issue. Great weeknight meal!"
"I didn't make as much as the receipe called for, used on large zucchini and kind of winged it with the cream cheese, parm cheese and cut the half-and-half to 1/2 cup. Didn't use nutmeg or salt. Used about 3 slices of swiss cheese. We loved it. I will be making this again."