Creamy Wild Rice Soup
This is a quick way to add a homemade touch to canned soup and to put it in the category of comfort food. It is thick and creamy with added texture from crunchy wild rice and a subtle smoky bacon flavor.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup water
- 4-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup cooked wild rice
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a small saucepan, bring water and onion to a boil. Reduce heat.
- Stir in the potato soup, cheese, rice and cream; heat through (do
- not boil). Garnish with bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 333 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 835 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.