- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, saute the chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the beans, broth, chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and cream. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Creamy White Chili
Sort By :
"I've made this chili several times. Everyone who has tried it absolutely loves it. It's a huge winner for me."
""Great flavor and texture! though i must agree with some of the other reviews, its closer to a chowder than a chili. I added 1 cup of mozzerella cheese when i added the cream and let it simmer about 10min. more. It thickened it and rounded out all the flavors. Great dish. I'll be making it again.""
"Fantastic taste! It is more like a soup than a chili. I didn't read the directions carefully & added the sour cream & heavy cream at the same time as everything else - still turned out perfect! The only changes I made was I used leftover roasted chicken & fresh green pepper instead of canned."
"Made just as recipe read except I only had 1% milk. All it needed was a pan of cornbread. Delicious!"
"My family loves the chili. I thought the beans might scare my little ones so I blended it in my immersion blender a bit. The second time I made it, I did not blen and everyone enjoyed it and requested seconds. Great recipe. Thanks for sharing."