- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, saute the chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the beans, broth, chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and cream. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Creamy White Chili
Sort By :
"This had very little flavor & too many green chilies."
"I made this in the crock pot! changes i made: two frozen chicken breasts in crock pot...sauteed onion and minced garlic, doubled the broth and never added the heavy cream or sour cream...cooked on low for 8 hours. it turned out great!"
"Y family loved this!"
"Super delicious! I had a feeling that with so many positive reviews it would be a hit. It's a challenge to find a dish that my entire family enjoys (kids ages 4 and 8, husband and myself)- but this was a winner! Creamy, hearty, perfect for a cold fall evening. Will be in my normal rotation!"
"Very Good!!! Cooked my own beans and used jalape?o ground pepper instead of cayenne pepper. Delicious!"