Creamy White Chili Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, saute the chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the beans, broth, chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and cream. Yield: 7 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy White Chili(282)
Sort By :
This recipe tastes so good. I use garlic cloves instead of the powder, and skip cayenne. I already take cayenne caps each day. Loved it!
My husband and I loved it and I would make it again for us, but the kids did not care for it. Too many beans for their taste. I followed another reviewers suggestion to cook it in the crock-pot on low and stirred in the sour cream and cream about 30 minutes before serving.
This was super easy and delicious! Will definitely be making again.
Awesome white chili. My husband was skeptical since chili is one of his favorite foods. He loved it! It is now a favorite in our house.
This is my favorite white chili recipe. I've made it several times. We found it to be a little hot for our taste, so I now leave out the cayenne pepper. Sometimes I substitute a 13 oz can of chicken instead of the fresh chicken breast and cook it in a crockpot on low for 3 or 4 hours, then stir in the sour cream and cream just before serving.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Chili Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chili Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Chili >
- Mexican Chilies >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >