Creamy White Chili Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, saute the chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the beans, broth, chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and cream. Yield: 7 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy White Chili
Sort By :
"This chili was amazing my family loved it. I definitely recommend trying it."
"This is now "my" chili recipe. It's a total knockout! I use 1 can of northern beans, 1 can of garbanzo beans, and 1 can of sweet white corn. My friends and family BEG for it."
"I've been looking for a great chicken chili recipe. This one doesn't quite fit the bill for my family, although it's good. It's just missing that something special. Maybe cilantro would make the difference."
"Made this and everyone loved it. I didn't have the green chilies so I used a few red pepper flakes. Will definitely make this again."
"Very good! I didn't have any of the spices but had a pack of white chicken chili seasoning and used it. I also left out the green chilies since I have young children. Because we have 6 people in our family I added 2 more cans of beans and more broth to stretch it further. Still very good. Gonna add this to my regular winter recipes"