Creamy White Chili Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, saute the chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the beans, broth, chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and cream. Yield: 7 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy White Chili
Sort By :
"Absolutely Delicious! Reading all the reviews, I have to say Ditto. Excellent, fantastic, wonderful, wouldn't change a thing. I did chop my chicken that was par-cooked instead of cubing it, however, and cooked in Crock Pot - 45 minutes on High, then about 3 hours on Low. My 11-year-old is picky and didn't seem thrilled about white chili. He Now says it's the best thing in the world and he could eat it every night. It went great with tortilla chips, too!"
"I made it without the green chilies, but found it was missing something. I used a little less sour cream and heavy cream like the others had suggested to make it thicker."
"We've made this twice in the last two weeks. Yummy!!"
"Have made this several times, it's a big hit in our house!!"
"Would make again. used approx 1/2 cup sour cream and a little under 1/2 cup for the whipping cream to make it thicker. Simmering helps the liquid reduce. Made corn bread to go with it. YUM!"