Creamy White Chili Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, saute the chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the beans, broth, chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream and cream. Yield: 7 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy White Chili
Sort By :
"Made this and everyone loved it. I didn't have the green chilies so I used a few red pepper flakes. Will definitely make this again."
"Very good! I didn't have any of the spices but had a pack of white chicken chili seasoning and used it. I also left out the green chilies since I have young children. Because we have 6 people in our family I added 2 more cans of beans and more broth to stretch it further. Still very good. Gonna add this to my regular winter recipes"
"Great flavor but not as thick as I would have like it. But even my fussy eaters (who were not looking forward to it) liked it!"
"GOOD STUFF! I made it for dinner this weekend. My girlfriend and I loved it! I substituted about 12 oz of recently purchased "Dynamite" roasted chilies for the 8 oz of canned green chilies. We both like our chili with a tad of "WHANG" to it. The two of us finished off the leftovers the next day for lunch. I will definitely be making this again!!"
"Made this hearty chili tonight for dinner and my family really loved it! It has a nice combination of flavors and is really delicious. I will be adding Creamy White Chili to my recipe book!"