- 1 pound dried navy beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Place navy beans in a Dutch oven or soup kettle; add water to cover by 2-in. Bring to a boil; boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 1 hour. Drain and discard liquid; return beans to pan. Add water to cover by 2 in. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until beans are tender. Drain and discard liquid; set the beans aside.
- In the same Dutch oven, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add soups, 1 cup water, potato, chili powder, bouillon and salt; cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Add cream, garbanzo beans and navy beans. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until heated through (do not boil). Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as White Chili in Taste of Home February/March 1999, p44
Reviews for Creamy White Bean Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review