Creamy Watermelon Pie Recipe
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1-2/3 cups whipped topping
- 2 cups cubed seeded watermelon
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- Watermelon balls and fresh mint, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine milk and lime juice; fold in whipped topping and cubed watermelon. Pour into crust. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before slicing. Garnish with watermelon balls and mint if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 318 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 186mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Creamy Watermelon Pie
"Refreshing, easy, great idea. I added 1- 8 ounce cream cheese to the liquid ingredients then folded in the whipped topping and watermelon. Keep refrigerated."
"My family doubted that this recipe would taste good--whoever thought of putting watermelon in a pie? My theory is, though, that variety is the spice of cooking. Sure enough: the pie's flavors were delicious! I left off the mint, since I did not have any on hand. My only problem with the pie was that it was too runny to scoop out. I am going to try putting watermelon gelatin in this recipe next time I make it."
"This pie had a nice flavor, but the result was too runny. I would agree with another rater who stated they would freeze it before serving."
"just found Watermelon Gelatin from Jolly Rancher at Kroger....."
"I have made this pie for years. I do usually freeze it, and take it out about 15-20 minutes and let it set before serving so that it is not too runny."
"This is a fun way to use up watermelon. My daughter likes to make it for others and even entered it in a pie contest and won a prize."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.