Creamy Wasabi Spread
Sesame seeds create an attractive coating for this easy cracker spread. “Be sure to watch when you’re toasting them; they burn easily. You’ll find rice crackers in the ethnic food aisle. You can use any flavor, but the wasabi ones are great.”
—Tammie Balon, Boyce, Virginia
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1/4 cup prepared wasabi
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Rice crackers
- Place cream cheese on a cutting board; split into two layers. Spread
- wasabi over bottom half; replace top layer.
- Press both sides into sesame seeds. Place on a shallow serving plate;
- pour soy sauce around cheese. Serve with crackers. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 ounce spread (calculated without crackers) equals 135 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 483 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer