Creamy Waldorf Sandwiches
If you like Waldorf salad, you'll enjoy the apple-and-nut filling in this sweet sandwich from Codie Ray of Tallulah, Louisiana. For a fancier look, Codie often trims the crust from the raisin bread.
7-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled apple
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 14 to 16 slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- In a bowl, toss apple with lemon juice. Stir in celery, walnuts and
- mayonnaise; mix well. Spread apple mixture on seven to eight bread
- slices; top with remaining bread. Yield: 7-8 servings.