Creamy Waldorf Sandwiches Recipe
If you like Waldorf salad, you'll enjoy the apple-and-nut filling in this sweet sandwich from Codie Ray of Tallulah, Louisiana. For a fancier look, Codie often trims the crust from the raisin bread.
- 2 cups shredded unpeeled apple
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 14 to 16 slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- In a bowl, toss apple with lemon juice. Stir in celery, walnuts and mayonnaise; mix well. Spread apple mixture on seven to eight bread slices; top with remaining bread. Yield: 7-8 servings.
Originally published as Waldorf Sandwiches in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p39
Reviews for Creamy Waldorf Sandwiches(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2010
This is a great recipe. I added a little chopped bacon to add a little flavor. Overall this is a great and refreshing sandwich