Creamy Veggie Salad
“This delicious, low-fat recipe with its hint of horseradish has been a favorite for years,“ writes Gene Kelly from Fort Myers, Florida. “It’s so refreshing on a hot summer day and always brings me compliments.“
9 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, peas and onions.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over
- vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours
- or overnight. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 109 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.