Creamy Veggie Salad Recipe
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, peas and onions. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. Yield: 9 servings.
1 cup: 109 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat
Reviews for Creamy Veggie Salad
"Loved the horseradish flavor in this."
"Nice and creamy with lots of flavor."
"I made this salad as written last night to serve today. When I pulled it out of the fridge this morning, it really seemed like it still needed something- so I added about 1/3 cup of real bacon bits. This helped, but I still think it needed something more, possibly some splenda, maybe chopped red pepper. I'll report back if I find good results with these changes."