- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 2/3 cup shredded potato
- 1/3 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- Mashed potatoes
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil in small batches; drain. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the soups and milk; pour over meatballs.
Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with mashed potatoes; garnish with parsley if desired.
Freeze option: Cook meatballs until a thermometer reads 160°; cool completely before assembling. Cover and freeze without baking. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake as directed, increasing time as necessary until heated through and bubbly. Serve as directed. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Veggie Meatballs
Sort By :
"yes-yes-yes I will do this again. My family loved it so much even the picky eaters want it again!!!! I intened to make the meatballs and freeze them to keep them on hand. Koodoes to you for bringing us this recipie. Thanks alot"
"Very good. A sneaky way to get some veggies!"
"This is a fabulous recipe. I doubled it when I cooked it so there would be left overs and it went over quite well at my house! Will definitely make this again"