- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup shredded carrot
- 2/3 cup shredded potato
- 1/3 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- Mashed potatoes
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil in small batches; drain. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the soups and milk; pour over meatballs.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with mashed potatoes; garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Creamy Veggie Meatballs
Sort By :
yes-yes-yes I will do this again. My family loved it so much even the picky eaters want it again!!!! I intened to make the meatballs and freeze them to keep them on hand. Koodoes to you for bringing us this recipie. Thanks alot
Very good. A sneaky way to get some veggies!
This is a fabulous recipe. I doubled it when I cooked it so there would be left overs and it went over quite well at my house! Will definitely make this again