Even kids will eat their veggies when you serve them this way, covered in a creamy cheese sauce and topped with crushed crackers. They just might ask for seconds!
Recommended: 60 Sneaky Ways to Eat More Vegetables
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup finely crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 13 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Prepare vegetables according to package directions; drain. In a bowl, combine the soup and cheese sauce. Add vegetables and stir to coat. Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Toss cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Vegetable Casserole in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p29
Reviews forCreamy Veggie Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2008
"My grandchildren loved this and they don't usually like vegetables. Big hit!!"