For a creamy turkey soup with a sense of fun, we go wheels up at our house. We load it up with wagon-shaped pasta and veggies. —Nancy Beyer, Hayden Lake, ID
Recommended: 30 Soup Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 5 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon each dried thyme, savory and parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 cups chicken broth
- 3 cups uncooked wagon wheel pasta or other large shaped pasta
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, carrots, onion and celery; cook and stir 8-10 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour and seasonings until blended; gradually stir in broth.
- Bring to a boil. Stir in pasta. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir in turkey and cream; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Creamy Vegetable Turkey Soup in Simple & Delicious December/January 2015
Reviews for Creamy Vegetable Turkey Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 29, 2014
"Absolutely delicious! Easy to make and comes together quickly. Will be making this again soon!"