"I like to experiment with new low-fat recipes," shares Rita Zagrzebski of Eagle River, Wisconsin.
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 2 medium unpeeled potatoes, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 8 cups coarsely chopped fresh broccoli
- 8 cups coarsely chopped fresh cauliflower
- 4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large kettle, combine broth, carrots, potatoes, onions and rice; cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 20 minutes. Add broccoli and cauliflower; simmer for 20 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Cool slightly. Puree half of the mixture in a blender or food processor; return to kettle. Add milk and pepper; mix well. Heat through (do not boil). Yield: 16 servings (4-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Creamy Vegetable Soup in Taste of Home December/January 1995, p44
Reviews for Creamy Vegetable Soup with Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review