Creamy Vegetable Soup with Cheese Recipe
• Marcia Orlando jots from Boyertown, Pennsylvania, “With colorful bits of veggies and a mild cheese flavor, Creamy Vegetable Soup hits the spot on a brisk day.”
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup diced carrot
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add carrot and celery; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until tender.
- 2. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour and salt until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in carrot mixture. Remove from the heat; add cheese and stir until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 216 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 797 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Vegetable Soup with Cheese
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC