• Marcia Orlando jots from Boyertown, Pennsylvania, “With colorful bits of veggies and a mild cheese flavor, Creamy Vegetable Soup hits the spot on a brisk day.”
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup diced carrot
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add carrot and celery; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until tender.
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the flour and salt until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in carrot mixture. Remove from the heat; add cheese and stir until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Vegetable Soup in Taste of Home April/May 2006, p61
Reviews for Creamy Vegetable Soup with Cheese
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review