Creamy Vegetable Pasta Bake Recipe
I found this recipe for this vegetable casserole, which is my husband Rory's favorite, in an old magazine I bought at a yard sale right after we got married. It has stood the test of time! It's a wonderful side dish for meat.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1-3/4 cups frozen cauliflower, thawed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, onion, salt and pepper. Add the broccoli, cauliflower, noodles and 1/4 cup of cheese; mix gently.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 297 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 652 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC