I found this recipe for this vegetable casserole, which is my husband Rory's favorite, in an old magazine I bought at a yard sale right after we got married. It has stood the test of time! It's a wonderful side dish for meat.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1-3/4 cups frozen cauliflower, thawed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream, onion, salt and pepper. Add the broccoli, cauliflower, noodles and 1/4 cup of cheese; mix gently.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Noodle Casserole in Country Extra November 1994, p47
Reviews for Creamy Vegetable Pasta Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2012
"This was bland -- really bland."
Reviewed Sep. 22, 2011
"This is a KEEPER recipe. Used all broccoli instead of broc & cauli. Extremely simple, too!"
Reviewed May. 5, 2008
"try this one after making the lst one with cream of broccoli soup"