Creamy Vegetable Medley Recipe
With its rich, cheesy sauce and golden onion topping, this casserole has broad appeal. Because of that—I frequently prepare it for many functions. —Pay Waymire, Yellow Springs, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli, carrot and cauliflower blend
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the vegetables, soup, 1/2 cup cheese, sour cream, pimientos, salt, pepper and half of the onions. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until the edges are browned. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese and onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 181 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 480 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC