Our Test Kitchen created this recipe for this creamy herbed vegetable lasagna. It's also a great option for a vegetarian main dish.
- 4 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 medium carrots, grated
- 1 small zucchini, grated
- 1 small sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cut 3 noodles widthwise in half. Cut remaining noodle widthwise into thirds. In a skillet, saute the carrots, zucchini, red pepper, mushrooms and garlic in oil until tender; set aside. In a saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add the milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add the Parmesan cheese, basil, onion salt and garlic powder. In a bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, cheese and seasoning.
- Spread 1/4 cup white sauce in an ungreased 7-in. x 5-in. x 1-1/2-in. (3 cup) baking dish. Cover bottom of dish with 2 large noodle pieces and one small piece. Layer with 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup white sauce, half of the vegetables and half of the ricotta cheese mixture. Repeat layers once, starting with the noodles. Top with remaining noodles and sauce.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Vegetable Lasagna in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p239
Reviews for Creamy Vegetable Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review