Creamy Vegetable Bow Tie Toss Recipe
You can use any kind of pasta for this creamy toss that bursts with colorful veggies. It’s been a mainstay for about 10 years now and is perfect for potlucks. —Lorraine Caland Thunder Bay, Ontario
- 12 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (about 1/2 pound)
- 2 medium sweet onions, finely chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup prepared ranch dip
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute vegetables in butter for 5 minutes. Stir in broth; cook for 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, dip, cheese, parsley, basil and salt; stir into skillet and heat through. Drain pasta; add to the skillet and toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup equals 253 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 324 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Vegetable Bow Tie Toss
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC