Creamy Vanilla Pudding
This creamy pudding turns out perfect every time! It's quick and easy to make, and the result is an old-fashioned pudding that's great for an after-school snack or to use as a base for many delicious desserts.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 cups milk, divided
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place 2 cups milk and salt in a saucepan. Sprinkle sugar on milk and
- do not stir; heat over medium-high. Quickly combine cornstarch with
- remaining milk; add egg yolks and mix well. When milk comes to a
- full boil, remove saucepan from the heat and stir in cornstarch
- mixture. Pudding will begin to thicken. Return to the heat and cook
- for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and butter. Pour
- into individual dishes. Serve warm. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.