Creamy Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2-1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick enough to coat a metal spoon and reaches at least 160°. Remove from the heat; cool quickly by setting pan in ice and stirring the mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or freeze immediately. When ready to freeze, pour custard and vanilla into the cylinder of an ice cream freezer. Freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. Yield: about 1-1/2 quarts.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Vanilla Ice Cream(8)
Sort By :
This was the first recipe I tried with my new ice cream maker and it was delicious - nice flavour and texture. Being that my 13 year-old was assisting me, we added chopped Crispy Crunch bar (similar to Butterfinger) - delicious! The sky's the limit for add-in's!
this was absolutely delicious.
This is the best Ice Cream recipe ever! I will never use another recipe. My family adds a whole bag of Oreos and OH MY is it amazing!!
Delicious! I added 2/3 cup of toffee chips during the last minute of the freezing process and it was out of this world good!
I love this easy recipe. I added some instant coffee crystals, almond flavoring and substituted stevia for most of the sugar--it turned out delicious! I think it would be even better with some fudge or brownie bits added and toasted almonds. But, those additions would not be anything without the fantastic base recipe of vanilla ice cream. Thank you, Mary!