- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 2-1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the first five ingredients. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick enough to coat a metal spoon and reaches at least 160°. Remove from the heat; cool quickly by setting pan in ice and stirring the mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or freeze immediately. When ready to freeze, pour custard and vanilla into the cylinder of an ice cream freezer. Freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. Yield: about 1-1/2 quarts.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Vanilla Ice Cream
"I followed the directions and it has been processing in the ice cream maker for over 2 hours and hasn't frozen yet. I know it's not the freezer because we have used it many times. Not happy with this recipe."
"This was the first recipe I tried with my new ice cream maker and it was delicious - nice flavour and texture. Being that my 13 year-old was assisting me, we added chopped Crispy Crunch bar (similar to Butterfinger) - delicious! The sky's the limit for add-in's!"
"this was absolutely delicious."
"This is the best Ice Cream recipe ever! I will never use another recipe. My family adds a whole bag of Oreos and OH MY is it amazing!!"
"Delicious! I added 2/3 cup of toffee chips during the last minute of the freezing process and it was out of this world good!"