Creamy Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Bake on a greased foil-lined baking sheet until tender, 1 to 1-1/4 hours. Cool slightly.
- 2. Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato; discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving thin shells. Mash pulp with cream cheese, adding brown sugar and cinnamon.
- 3. Spoon into potato shells. Return to pan; sprinkle with pecans. Bake until heated through, 15-20 minutes. Yield: 2 servings.
1 stuffed potato equals 297 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 100 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
"Excellent way to eat sweet potatoes! The skins are not as resilient as russet potatoes, so it was kind of difficult to refill the very thin skins, but they still turned out great! Also, I made the mistake of baking them on aluminum foil, which ended up on the dinner plate with the potato because it was not coming off! : )"
"Fabulous taste and texture! Well worth the time and effort!"
"My family never liked the overly sweet, sweet potato casserole, we always just baked sweet potatoes plain. EVERYONE liked this at Thanksgiving this year."
"Great if you have time to make these. Use your microwave if you don't. I prefer the oven because I like to eat skin and all...Yummy"
"We really like the potatoes prepared this way. The nuts on top burned so next time, I'll stir them into the potato mixture."
"How far ahead can the potatoes be made? If I make them 2 days ahead, should I store them in the refrigerator or freezer?"