Creamy Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1-1/4 hours or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells.
- In a small bowl, mash the pulp with cream cheese. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with pecans. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
Sort By :
Fabulous taste and texture! Well worth the time and effort!
My family never liked the overly sweet, sweet potato casserole, we always just baked sweet potatoes plain. EVERYONE liked this at Thanksgiving this year.
Great if you have time to make these. Use your microwave if you don't. I prefer the oven because I like to eat skin and all...Yummy
We really like the potatoes prepared this way. The nuts on top burned so next time, I'll stir them into the potato mixture.
How far ahead can the potatoes be made? If I make them 2 days ahead, should I store them in the refrigerator or freezer?