Creamy Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Scrub and pierce sweet potatoes. Bake at 375° for 1-1/4 hours or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving thin shells.
- In a small bowl, mash the pulp with cream cheese. Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with pecans. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Twice-Baked Sweet Potatoes
Sort By :
"Excellent way to eat sweet potatoes! The skins are not as resilient as russet potatoes, so it was kind of difficult to refill the very thin skins, but they still turned out great! Also, I made the mistake of baking them on aluminum foil, which ended up on the dinner plate with the potato because it was not coming off! : )"
"Fabulous taste and texture! Well worth the time and effort!"
"My family never liked the overly sweet, sweet potato casserole, we always just baked sweet potatoes plain. EVERYONE liked this at Thanksgiving this year."
"Great if you have time to make these. Use your microwave if you don't. I prefer the oven because I like to eat skin and all...Yummy"