- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Pierce potatoes and bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a small bowl, mash the pulp with butter, milk and salt. Stir in cream cheese and sour cream. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and tops are golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Twice-Baked Potatoes
"Best 2x bakers ever, so creamy. Second time i made them i mixed in cooked crumbled bacon... yummy"
"Delicious! I tripled the recipe, using an 8 oz package of cream cheese. May try doing it as a casserole next time rather than the individual potatoes."
"Mmmm! So good and smooth! Microwaving first certainly cuts down on energy use (and heating up kitchen), but either way is good for the first step. I convection bake for the "2nd baking." A sprinkling of crumbled bacon on top and its heaven. Really goes well with barbequed steak and a nice fresh salad."
"REALLY GOOD! Cut down the time by first cooking the potatoes in the microwave and then finishing in the oven."
"Yummy, nice and creamy and no overwhelming flavours to compete with the potato flavour."