- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Pierce potatoes and bake at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. When cool enough to handle, cut a thin slice off the top of each potato and discard. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a small bowl, mash the pulp with butter, milk and salt. Stir in cream cheese and sour cream. Spoon into potato shells. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and tops are golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Twice-Baked Potatoes
"Amazingly delicious and a snap yo make!!"
"Best 2x bakers ever, so creamy. Second time i made them i mixed in cooked crumbled bacon... yummy"
"Delicious! I tripled the recipe, using an 8 oz package of cream cheese. May try doing it as a casserole next time rather than the individual potatoes."
"Mmmm! So good and smooth! Microwaving first certainly cuts down on energy use (and heating up kitchen), but either way is good for the first step. I convection bake for the "2nd baking." A sprinkling of crumbled bacon on top and its heaven. Really goes well with barbequed steak and a nice fresh salad."
"REALLY GOOD! Cut down the time by first cooking the potatoes in the microwave and then finishing in the oven."
"Yummy, nice and creamy and no overwhelming flavours to compete with the potato flavour."
"Great potatoe easy to make as many or as few as needed. Its a keeper."
"These were really good but why why WHY don't folk cook these first in the microwave and then once they're filled then in the oven? I tried AGAIN to do it all in the oven and my potatoes NEVER cook properly this way (or not until they're completely hard on the outside) no matter how many pricks and slits I make in them. But they were quite good despite the filling not being as smooth as I was hoping. Next time I'll do the first part of the cooking in the microwave - much quicker too. I used herb & garlic cream cheese and did add some extra seasonings too. Overall these were good."
"this was a very creamy tasty twice baked potatoe - I just tweaked it a little bit: 1/2 and 1/2 (had some left over from another recipe), a little shredded cheddar, and a little more seasoning (garlic powder/onion powder/pepper and salt) - family loved!"
"I think these creamy twice baked potatoes are as awesome as any potatoes can get. My family absolutely loves them and we will be making this recipe many more times."