Creamy Turkey Vegetable Soup Recipe
My sisters and I made this soup with our mom when we were young. Now it's the traditional "day after Thanksgiving" soup for our own families. —Lois Hofmeyer, Sugar Grove, Illinois
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups diced small red potatoes
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked cubed turkey breast
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add potatoes and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in the turkey, vegetables, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. Cook 10-12 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir in cream; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 235 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 292 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Turkey Vegetable Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC