My sisters and I made this soup with our mom when we were young. Now it's the traditional "day after Thanksgiving" soup for our own families. —Lois Hofmeyer, Sugar Grove, Illinois
Recommended: 40 Flavor-Packed Healthy Soup Recipes
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups diced small red potatoes
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked cubed turkey breast
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Add potatoes and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in the turkey, vegetables, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning. Cook 10-12 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir in cream; heat through (do not boil). Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Creamy Turkey Vegetable Soup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p135
Reviews for Creamy Turkey Vegetable Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2011
"ok, like a chowder, tired of turkey left-overs, so likely this clouding my judgement. everyone ate it anyway."