Creamy Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe
- 1 package (1 pound) linguine
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 to 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper and cayenne until smooth. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cream.
- 2. Drain linguine; add 2 cups sauce and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Make a well in center of pasta, making a space about 6 in. x 4 in.
- 3. To the remaining sauce, add the turkey, mushrooms, pimientos, parsley and pepper sauce; mix well. Pour into center of dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-30 minutes longer or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving equals 340 calories, 20 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 568 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Turkey Tetrazzini
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.