- 1 package (1 pound) linguine
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 to 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper and cayenne until smooth. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cream.
- Drain linguine; add 2 cups sauce and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Make a well in center of pasta, making a space about 6 in. x 4 in.
- To the remaining sauce, add the turkey, mushrooms, pimientos, parsley and pepper sauce; mix well. Pour into center of dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-30 minutes longer or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Turkey Tetrazzini
"I made this recipe exactly as specified, EXCEPT i only had ground turkey, not cubed. It turned out delicious. The sauce isn't a strong overpowering cheesy flavor, like those processed alfredo type of cream sauces. It is a mild creamy flavor with hints of delicious spices. In culinary class we learn that all ingredients should blend harmoniously together, and I think it did just that. If you like an extra kick, just add a bit more cayenne or hot pepper sauce. I added a bit of extra grated parm to my bowl (because i love cheese) and it was perfect! I will be making this a lot!"
"This is the first Taste of Home recipe that hasn't "wowed"--it was ok...just very bland. Nobody wanted seconds, so I was left with leftovers of the leftovers. However, the next day I added some bacon, onion, and bell pepper (along with a pepper spice blend) and ended up with an outstanding dish that was delicious!"
"this was really good, though I made it with chicken. I also didn't add hot sauce or pimento's since I don't care for them but thought it was very tasty. I've made it a few times already."
"I made a half batch and it was great!! I added some green peppers and onion. With chicken broth and cream, how can you go wrong? Thanks for sharing."
"So simple, yet so delicious! I froze half as it made a huge batch - but I've had constant cravings for this recipe and it's a keeper!"
"This is the best tetrazzini recipe! It is a favorite for family gatherings. The only changes I make is that I use chicken and mushrooms in a jar."
"This had a great flavor and was filling! I skipped the mushrooms and pimientos. The cayenne pepper was good and I added Red Hot instead of the hot pepper sauce. The husband said it was awesome!"