Creamy Turkey Tetrazzini Recipe
- 1 package (1 pound) linguine
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 to 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper and cayenne until smooth. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cream.
- Drain linguine; add 2 cups sauce and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Make a well in center of pasta, making a space about 6 in. x 4 in.
- To the remaining sauce, add the turkey, mushrooms, pimientos, parsley and pepper sauce; mix well. Pour into center of dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-30 minutes longer or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Turkey Tetrazzini(5)
Sort By :
I made a half batch and it was great!! I added some green peppers and onion. With chicken broth and cream, how can you go wrong? Thanks for sharing.
So simple, yet so delicious! I froze half as it made a huge batch - but I've had constant cravings for this recipe and it's a keeper!
This is the best tetrazzini recipe! It is a favorite for family gatherings. The only changes I make is that I use chicken and mushrooms in a jar.
This had a great flavor and was filling! I skipped the mushrooms and pimientos. The cayenne pepper was good and I added Red Hot instead of the hot pepper sauce. The husband said it was awesome!
I make this every year after thanksgiving. it freezes beautifully. I omit the mushrooms-but otherwise leave the rest as is. Can be made easily in two pans and any fun shaped pasta can be subbed.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Baked Turkey >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Dinner Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >