I was honored when my fireman son-in-law asked to add this recipe to their firehouse cookbook. You can prepare parts of this turkey soup ahead of time and then assemble when ready. Serve with crunchy-crusted bread. —Carol Perkins, Washington, Missouri
Recommended: 30 Soup Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 carton (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup uncooked kluski or other egg noodles
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat; saute carrot and celery until tender, 3-5 minutes. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth, cream and milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in noodles. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until noodles are al dente, 7-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir until turkey is heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Creamy Turkey Noodle Soup in Simple & Delicious February/March 2017
Reviews for Creamy Turkey Noodle Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review