Creamy Turkey Melt Recipe
Cream cheese and sour cream make these sandwiches rich and irresistible. Using rye bread gives extra flavor and adds a nice contrast to the creamy white filling.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 8 slices dark rye or pumpernickel bread
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Reduce heat to low. Add cream cheese and sour cream; cook and stir until smooth. Add turkey; cook until heated through (do not boil).
- 2. Spoon 1/2 cup filling onto each of four bread slices; top with a slice of cheese. Spread outside of bread with remaining butter. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sandwiches until lightly browned on both sides. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 622 calories, 38 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 729 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 35 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC