Creamy Turkey Melt
Cream cheese and sour cream make these sandwiches rich and irresistible. Using rye bread gives extra flavor and adds a nice contrast to the creamy white filling.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 8 slices dark rye or pumpernickel bread
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- In a small saucepan, saute onion in 1 tablespoon butter until tender.
- Reduce heat to low. Add cream cheese and sour cream; cook and stir
- until smooth. Add turkey; cook until heated through (do not boil).
- Spoon 1/2 cup filling onto each of four bread slices; top with a
- slice of cheese. Spread outside of bread with remaining butter. In a
- large skillet over medium heat, cook sandwiches until lightly
- browned on both sides. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 622 calories, 38 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 729 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 35 g protein.