Creamy Turkey Cleanup
Julia Hainsworth first made this mostly microwaved medley when she was home on maternity leave with her third child. "I needed to rely on quick-and-easy recipes that were kid-friendly, too," she writes from Mt. Morris, New York. "We all loved this dish, and it cleared up a bunch of turkey leftovers.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- microwave-safe bowl, combine the broccoli, carrot and water. Cover
- and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Stir in turkey, soup, milk, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and rice.
- Microwave, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through,
- stirring twice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 373 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 983 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.