Creamy Turkey Cleanup Recipe
Julia Hainsworth first made this mostly microwaved medley when she was home on maternity leave with her third child. "I needed to rely on quick-and-easy recipes that were kid-friendly, too," she writes from Mt. Morris, New York. "We all loved this dish, and it cleared up a bunch of turkey leftovers.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the broccoli, carrot and water. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Stir in turkey, soup, milk, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and rice. Microwave, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through, stirring twice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Turkey Cleanup in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p40
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Turkey Cleanup(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review