Julia Hainsworth first made this mostly microwaved medley when she was home on maternity leave with her third child. "I needed to rely on quick-and-easy recipes that were kid-friendly, too," she writes from Mt. Morris, New York. "We all loved this dish, and it cleared up a bunch of turkey leftovers.
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the broccoli, carrot and water. Cover and microwave on high for 2-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Stir in turkey, soup, milk, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and rice. Microwave, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until heated through, stirring twice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Turkey Cleanup in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p40
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Turkey Cleanup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 27, 2013
"I didn't use the microwave. Instead I cooked everything on the stove in one pan."
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2009
"This recipe was tasty and very quick and easy to make."