Creamy Turkey and Biscuits
In Miles City, Montana, Annette Gorton turns leftover holiday turkey into a quick, comforting casserole that gets plenty of appeal when topped with refrigerator biscuits. "Even my finicky youngster likes this one!" Annette notes.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tubes (7-1/2 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute green pepper and onion in butter until
- tender. Stir in biscuit mix until blended. Gradually add milk and
- soup; stir until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes. Stir in turkey and peas. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking dish. Separate biscuits and arrange over the top.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 17-20 minutes
- or until golden brown. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 388 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 955 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.