Creamy Turkey a la King Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup sliced cooked carrots
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Warm biscuits
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Stir in the turkey, carrots, green beans, salt and pepper; heat through.
- 3. Serve immediately with biscuits or cool and freeze in a freezer container for up to 3 months.
- 4. To use frozen Turkey a la King: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Transfer to a saucepan; add chicken broth to thin if necessary. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve with biscuits. Yield: 5 servings.
1 biscuit with 1 cup turkey mixture equals 355 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 1,024 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.