Creamy Turkey a la King Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup sliced cooked carrots
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Warm biscuits
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Stir in the turkey, carrots, green beans, salt and pepper; heat through.
- 3. Serve immediately with biscuits or cool and freeze in a freezer container for up to 3 months.
- 4. To use frozen Turkey a la King: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Transfer to a saucepan; add chicken broth to thin if necessary. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve with biscuits. Yield: 5 servings.
1 biscuit with 1 cup turkey mixture equals 355 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 1,024 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Turkey a la King
"I made it vegetarian. I used Vegetable broth(low sodium) instead of chicken broth and Tofu instead of turkey. I made a basic biscuit from scratch(just search basic biscuit) super easy. While the meal was cooking I made the biscuits. Everything organic and whole wheat flour. Who says healthy can't be easy and good? Seasoned with salt, pepper, onion powder and it was a hit."
"My Mom loved it, I found it a little salty"
"Tried this last night!! My whole family loved it! I used chicken instead of turkey and add some peas as well. Will absolutley make again!!!!!!!!!!!! SO YUMMY"
"Good use for leftover turkey, and good comfort food!"
"low cost and tastey"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.