- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup sliced cooked carrots
- 1 cup cut fresh green beans
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Warm biscuits
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in the turkey, carrots, green beans, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Serve immediately with biscuits or cool and freeze in a freezer container for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen Turkey a la King: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Transfer to a saucepan; add chicken broth to thin if necessary. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until heated through, stirring occasionally. Serve with biscuits. Yield: 5 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Turkey a la King
Sort By :
"I made it vegetarian. I used Vegetable broth(low sodium) instead of chicken broth and Tofu instead of turkey. I made a basic biscuit from scratch(just search basic biscuit) super easy. While the meal was cooking I made the biscuits. Everything organic and whole wheat flour. Who says healthy can't be easy and good? Seasoned with salt, pepper, onion powder and it was a hit."
"My Mom loved it, I found it a little salty"
"Tried this last night!! My whole family loved it! I used chicken instead of turkey and add some peas as well. Will absolutley make again!!!!!!!!!!!! SO YUMMY"
"Good use for leftover turkey, and good comfort food!"
"low cost and tastey"