- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (5 ounces each) light tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook noodles according to package directions for al dente, adding peas during the last minute of cooking; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine soup, sour cream, cheese, milk and salt; stir in tuna, onion and pepper. Add noodles and peas; toss to combine.
- Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. In a small bowl, toss bread crumbs with melted butter; sprinkle over top. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Creamy Tuna-Noodle Casserole
Sort By :
"I had not made tuna casserole for quite some time since my spouse is watching his carbs. I just saw this recipe in the TOH book that came out this month and decided to try the variation with sour cream. I really enjoyed the casserole, and my mother-in-law kept spooning more of it onto her plate. I sautéed the chopped onion and 2 stalks of diced celery in 2 Tbs. Of butter in a large stock pot. Then I added the soup, sour cream , cheese and milk to the sautéed vegetables. Mixed in the Tuna, leftover peas, and the cooked rotini instead of noodles. Added a few tablespoons of bread crumbs to the mix and just heated on the range until heated through. No need to bake in the oven...and the pasta stayed nice and moist! The ingredients are a keeper for me!"
"This is a nice, fairly easy recipe--good for weeknight dinners. I agree with others that it is a little bland--it helps to use fried onion rings for the topping. I also added extra milk and soup as per others recommendations."
"I halved the recipe, substituted yogurt for sour cream and used the whole can of Cream of Mushroom. Oh, and I increased the milk per others suggestion. Also used French fried onions instead of raw and no green pepper. I didn't halve the toppings. It was delicious! In fact, the more I ate, the better it tasted. Thanks so much for a great Tuna Casserole!"
"I was looking for a real comfort food type recipe and this did not disappoint. This was a real keeper. I did use potato chips and French fried onions as a topping. Thank you for the recipe"